Parent and Family Connection
Stay connected. Be prepared. Find resources.
Our Parent Portal offers a convenient one-stop location for announcements, links, resources and other information for current EC parents and guardians.
Call 425-295-3019 or email the Attendance Office.
- Attendance Policy Summary
- Bus Routes 2017-18
- EC Traffic Safety
- FACTS Tuition Informational Flyer
- Funding Request Form
- Map: Campus Map (PDF)
- One-to-One Handbook
- Physical Evaluation History Form
- Pre-Arranged Absence Form
- Parking and Traffic Guidelines
- Parking: ADA Parking and Fire Lanes Information
- PlusPortal Overview and FAQ
- School Bus Safety Information
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness Form
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Information Sheet
- Textbook Loan Application 2017-18
- Who Do I Ask?
- CYO Athletics Waiver Form 2017-18
- Community Service Organizations
- Concussion and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness Consent Form
- Course Request Form Instructions 17-18
- CYO Player-Parent Code of Conduct
- Lands End Ordering Instructions
- Lands' End Collection for ECMS
- Parent Handbook 2017-18
- Student Handbook 2017-18
- Uniform Guidelines 2017-18
- School Supplies 2017-18
- Medication Form for Middle School Students
- NatureBridge Registration Health Screen and Participant Agreement Form
- Schedule: Daily Middle School Bell Schedule
- Schedule: Emergency Weather Two-Hour Delay
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Information Sheet
- Main Office Hours
7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- School Hours
7:50 a.m. - 2:50 p.m.
- Summer Office Hours
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Easing transitions and building connections
PTF meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month at 9:30 a.m. in the Front Office Conference Room at EC. All EC community members are invited, encouraged and welcome to attend. Please contact PTF President Meri Hartman with any questions.
The Eastside Catholic Parent Faculty Student Association (PFSA) is made up of parents, teachers, administrators and students. Our mission is to build community and to support students, teachers, staff and parents of Eastside Catholic. PFSA strives to be of service to the EC community through our various programs, activities and outreach.
Who we are
Every family at Eastside Catholic High School is automatically a member of the PFSA. We have a volunteer Board of Directors and other parents who offer their time, energy and talent to help with PFSA programs, events and activities throughout the year. All EC community members are invited, encouraged and welcome to attend the monthly PFSA meetings. Meetings are held on the first Thursday of every month (September through June) at 9:30 a.m. at Eastside Catholic School.
What we do
- Enrichment Grants - PFSA funds grants with the goal of enhancing the learning environment.
- Parent/Student Events - PFSA plans a Mother/Son Liturgy and Brunch, a Mother/Daughter Fashion Show and Brunch, a Father/Daughter Candlelight Liturgy and Dinner and a Father/Son event.
- Staff Appreciation - Throughout the year PFSA provides our faculty and staff with snacks, treats and lunches as an expression of gratitude for their hard work and dedication.
- Parent Networking, Education and Social Events - PFSA plans events for parents to meet, connect and cultivate friendships.
- Support for our Students - PFSA provides financial support to the Chaplain’s Fund, the College Counseling Department, ASB Student Leadership, various student clubs and all-school student assemblies.
How we are funded
Families have the opportunity to contribute to PFSA through the online school packet. Every year nearly 80 percent of our families generously donate to PFSA. Thank you! In addition, PFSA benefits from funds received through our Merchant Money program. You can help all year long by shopping at retailers like Bartell Drugs, Everything Party (Renton and Redmond) and Amazon (smile.amazon.com).
PFSA meetings are held on the first Thursday of every month at 9:30 a.m. in the Front Office Conference Room at EC. All EC community members are invited, encouraged and welcome to attend. Please contact PFSA President Sherry Williams with any questions.
The Eastside Catholic Booster Club works with students, parents, administration, faculty, alumni and friends to support and encourage school spirit. The Booster Club raises funds through member donations, the sale of EC school spirit wear and concessions in the Orange Crush. Funds raised by the Booster Club are used to create and support school spirit and support the financial needs of sports, clubs and activities outside of the school’s operating budget. The Booster Club is a sub-committee of the Board of Trustees.
Promoting school spirit
Throughout each school year, Boosters work to promote school spirit and provide investments to enhance the Crusader experience, including:
- All Families Homecoming Tailgate Event
- Student spirit gifts and treats throughout the year
- Homecoming Week Activities
- Athlete of the Month Program
- Finals Week Survival Kit
- Support of the Hall of Fame Program
- Sponsors the high school year-end concert
Enhancing school programming
Funds raised by the Booster Club activities have enabled several enhancements to school programming, including:
- Support for Campus Ministries, DECA, Interact Club and the Options Program
- Installation of the center field EC logo
- Donation of the Crusader Mascot uniform
- Funding partnership for the EC reader board
- Supplying of banners in the Athletic Pavilion to identify championship individuals and teams
- Purchase of EC team Spirit Banners
- Contributions to Fr. Heric's Chaplain Fund
- New picnic table outside the Commons
- Athletic Program enhancements
All members of the Eastside Catholic community are automatically members of the Booster Club. A donation request and volunteer interest form will be sent out during the summer.
The governing body of the Booster Club is the Booster Board, comprised of up to 50 members. The Board of the Booster Club meets on the second Monday of each month during the school year at 7 p.m. in the EC Athletic Board Room. If you are interested in serving on the Board of the Booster Club, please email Booster Club President Jen Heger for more information.
The following information outlines important dates for seniors. We want all seniors and their families to enjoy these special events, so please check back here for the latest updates and information.
Please note that dates and times (other than baccalaureate and graduation) are subject to change.
Please contact Director of Accounting and Business Operations Kay Nichols if you have other questions about the end of year events for seniors.
Class of 2018: Important Dates and Deadlines
|National Achiever Services graduation presentation
Place orders for graduation regalia on campus
|National Achiever Services will return to campus to answer questions and collect orders. ORDER ONLINE: You can order your cap and gown unit (which comes with a tassel and sash) on the Herff Jones website.
|Senior Pictures Due
|Senior Pictures are due to the yearbook staff (via email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com; or via eshare: hjeshare.com, school code GoCru). Please label your photo: Senior Photo with (Student Full Name). Specs for your photographer: 2"w x 3”w, RGB color, 300 dpi.
|Senior "shout-out" (created by senior) due to yearbook staff - firstname.lastname@example.org. The following items are included in the shout-outs: quotation, shout-outs, favorite memory, activities and future plans.
|Senior Ads due
|Ads (optional and first come, first served) must be turned in to yearbook staff from the beginning of school until December 12. We are working to accommodate as many students as possible. This year only 1/4 ($100) or 1/2 ($200) page ads will be sold. Use this form to order.
|Deadline for online National Achiever orders
|Last day to place your online order for graduation regalia at nationalachiever.com.
|Yearbook Orders due
|Purchase from HerffJones via mailer or at yearbookordercenter.com, school #6287.
|Senior Emmaus Retreat
|Student Baby Pictures due
|Deadline to submit student baby pictures for senior tribute slideshow. Email or deliver to the Attendance Office.
|Formal Group Portrait
|This photo has become an annual tradition at EC and is used to congratulate the students and for marketing materials. Liturgy dress will be required on this day. Girls will be seated and should plan to wear a dress or skirt that reaches to the knee or below. Long skirts/maxis are encouraged. More information will be sent regarding this photo.
|Caps and Gowns delivered
|National Achiever Services will be on campus to deliver caps, gowns and other ordered items.
|Tuition, Fees and Fines paid
|All tuition, fees, and fines must be paid by this date
|May 23 (tentative)
|All seniors are expected to attend and senior parents will not want to miss it! Seniors must arrive by 7:15 a.m. for their individual head-shot picture. Liturgy dress is required. A reception hosted by the sophomore class will follow the Senior Tribute. After Senior Tribute and the reception, seniors will be dismissed with their families for the day.
|May 29 - June 1
|Final Exams for seniors
|Senior Lunch and Graduation Rehearsal
|A hosted lunch will follow rehearsal. Seniors must be at rehearsal in order to walk at graduation. Any honor cords that are earned will be distributed at rehearsal.
|Baccalaureate Mass is held on Friday, June 1 at 7 p.m. at Mary, Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Sammamish. Seniors will wear their graduation gowns and sashes, but not caps.
|The ceremony takes place Monday, June 4 at 7:30 p.m. at Benaroya Hall in downtown Seattle. Students will need to arrive no later than 6:30 p.m. - please account for rush hour traffic. Further details will be emailed this spring. A student seating chart will be posted in May.
|Grad Night 2018
|This event is parent-sponsored and encourages 100% student participation. Seniors will be picked up at Benaroya Hall after graduation. Buses will depart promptly at 10:30 p.m. The destination is a surprise but a sweatshirt and closed-toed shoes are recommended. Buses will return to EC campus Tuesday, June 6 with a stop at the Mercer Island Park and Ride at 5:45 a.m. and EC by 6:15 a.m. Parents should plan to pick up at one of these locations so students are not driving after being up all night. As a reminder, no cell phones, bags, large oversized jackets or backpacks will be allowed. More information will be forthcoming from the planning committee in the spring.
Eastside Catholic School is blessed to have five scholarships available for juniors. These scholarships were established by individuals and families to support the EC student body or honor their loved ones.
Did you see Seussical? What an amazing show performed by our incredibly talented students!
Congratulations to the 2018-19 ASB Cabinet!
Did you see our student’s talented work at this year’s annual Art Walk?
Senior Grace Skalecki, an advanced acting student, has been rehearsing for the Seattle Repertory Theatre's August Wilson Monologue Competition.
Eastside Catholic is pleased to announce the appointment of Gil Picciotto as the next president of Eastside Catholic School.
Congratulations to the March Students of the Month!
Congratulations to the high school Concert Choir for receiving first place with a superior rating of 197/200 and the Overall High School Choir Award while competing at the Music in the Parks Choir Festival at Disneyland on March 23-26.