Tuition & Financial Aid
Private, faith-based education is a critical investment in your student’s future. Tuition supports the exceptional academic, spiritual and personal opportunities that make EC such a transformative experience.
Tuition & Fees
For the 2017-18 school year, tuition (before merit or tuition assistance) is $22,910 for the High School and Middle School. Options Program tuition is $24,995.
- $35 application fee
- $525 non-refundable enrollment fee for incoming students and transfer students, payable at the time of enrollment.
- $375 non-refundable enrollment fee charged annually to all returning students.
- $2,000 new international student enrollment fee
- $750 returning international enrollment fee
Tuition discounts are provided to families who have more than one child enrolled at Eastside Catholic during a school year.
Expenses at EC are comparable to area schools as follows:
- $300 – $400 per year for lab fees, yearbook, photos, books and uniforms (middle school).
- There is no charge for Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA) high school athletics. However, some sports incur costs for pregame meals, optional spirit wear and personal items.
- There are some costs for optional overnight retreats, although grade-level retreats are covered.
- The 1:1 Technology Program requires the purchase of a student laptop.
- Bus transportation is available for many areas and bus passes are available at student rates.
Payment plans allow families to pay tuition over a period of up to 12 months without interest. EC also offers credit and debit card payments, but a processing charge applies to some payment methods.
Merit Awards & Tuition Assistance
Eastside Catholic is committed to making tuition affordable for students from all economic backgrounds through merit awards and need-based tuition assistance grants.
Merit awards do not require any demonstrated financial need. Awards are granted to top scholars who demonstrate excellence, character and the qualities laid out in our mission and touchstones.
Merit awards are offered only to incoming sixth and ninth graders at the time of admission. Students are automatically considered when they apply for admission. All accepted applicants who qualify will receive an award.
Tuition assistance grants are based on demonstrated financial need. Tuition assistance is not a loan, but rather a reduction in the amount of tuition paid by a parent.
To be considered for a tuition assistance grant, parents must complete an online application and provide information through the School and Student Services for Financial Aid (SSSFA) website provided by the National Association of Independent Schools. Eastside Catholic uses the SSSFA service to process the information provided by applicant families and to keep parent information confidential.
Tuition assistance grants awarded to a student may vary from year to year during a student’s enrollment. An application to confirm level of need will be required for each year a student is enrolled. In most circumstances, grants will remain at a level reflecting a family’s demonstrated need.
For more information on tuition assistance or the application process, please contact Tuition Administrator Joanne Farmer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-295-3025.
Eastside Catholic offers families the confidence of the EC Guarantee. As long as a student remains in good standing, merit awards granted will remain the same for the duration of a student’s middle school or high school enrollment.