Supporting you to find your best fit
We support each student in their college and post-secondary journey, believing that the “best fit” path is unique to each student and our ultimate goal, not the hype around national rankings. While there is increased stress and anxiety around college admissions today, we believe this transitional period for our students can be enlightening, enriching and downright fun. (Yes, we love our jobs!)
Our College Counseling Department offers a robust college-preparatory and post-secondary program supporting students during all four years of high school. Our support services include:
- Individual meetings with juniors and seniors and supporting freshmen and sophomores, as needed
- College planning presentations in the fall with valuable information about trends in college admissions, components of college applications including essays and letters of recommendations, college visits and other helpful resources
- Mentorship through the college application process including feedback on essays, applications and letters of recommendation
- Facilitation of over 100 college visits to EC campus annually
- Guidance on the standardized testing landscape and resources to prepare for tests
- Information sessions on topics such as financial aid, standardized testing, career pathways, academic support services in college and NCAA recruitment
- Career planning and exploration through Naviance assessments, career panels and career exploration day
- Timeline communications and announcements via Naviance and Canvas to inform families of resources and important deadlines
Our college counselors support students with their college essays at each step, from idea generation to drafting, through multiple rounds of feedback and final essay revisions. A college essay workshop is offered to juniors in the spring before students leave for summer break and college counselors provide targeted support on essay writing throughout the year in one one-on-one meetings and during the Tutorial period.
College counselors also offer week-long summer camps tailored to college essay writing and application support. Current EC students and families can visit the College Counseling Canvas page for essay-writing resources.